Monday, December 29, 2014

Taming the Polar Bears Outline





I can't remember if I posted this before or not. 

I need to focus on this format. For Taming the Polar Bears to work more effectively for readers and to be less confusing and easier to navigate, it has to have a more sensible and organized layout like this and the blog/online format to organize the posts as such rather than chronologically. 

I'm not going to stress too much at this time providing all the citations that I'd have liked. I think I'll just get the chapters out there and then add citations and further research sources in future editions. 

I'm still hoping to get help with this (I'd kill for a research assistant). 

I'm not sure anymore about asking people for money. The more I thought about it, the less comfortable I felt. I've been begging for much of the past seven years and have received probably close to ten thousand dollars from friends, family and various online sources. It's a huge part of the burden I feel over all this. Yet I need to fund my work somehow. I have a few ideas but I'm open to suggestions. I am very, very poor at fund raising or financing anything and have been all my life. I always worked for wages. I don't have the energy to learn now. 

Anyway, here's the chapter outline. Yeah, a bit of a tome, I know. Each chapter would run somewhere between five and ten thousand words (basic version). If I could get one done a week (and many are largely complete already but would need some rewriting), I could get it done in 2015. 

Taming the Polar Bears

Introduction

Acknowledgments

Section One:
The Trees

The Human Brain

  1. Neuroscience 101
  2. Neuroscience 202 – Reality and Subconscious Programs
  3. Genetic and Environmental Factors of Brain Development
  4. Evolution, Life and Why Our Brains Developed the Way They Are
  5. The Neuroscience of Thoughts
  6. The Neuroscience of Memory Functioning
  7. -of Emotions
  8. -of Individual Sensitivities
  9. - of the Social Brain
  10. - of Mental Health Disorders and Youth
  11. -of the Energy Economy of the Brain
  12. - of Sleep and Brain Rest
  13. Neuroplasticity
  14. The Neuroscience of Depression
  15. The Neuroscience of Bipolar Disorder
  16. The Neuroscience of the Stress Response System
  17. The Neuroscience of Psychological Pain
  18. The Neuroscience of Meditation
  19. Nutrition, Diet and Your Brain
  20. The Mind-Body Connection


Psychological Factors

  1. Frustration
  2. The Twin Phenomenon of Placebo and Nocebo
  3. Broken Ego Defenses
  4. Loss of Esteem, Confidence and Dignity
  5. Isolation
  6. The Psychological effects of Negative Memory Functioning
  7. Negative Inner Dialog
  8. Emotional or Psychic Pain
  9. Our Belief Systems
  10. Individual Differences


Psychiatry and Pharmaceutical Drugs

  1. Life Through the DSM
  2. Psychiatry
  3. Pharmaceutical Drugs
  4. The Chemical Imbalance Theory Debunked

Section Two:
The Forest

  1. Depressive Disorders
  2. Schizophrenia
  3. Bipolar Disorder
  4. ADD/ADHD
  5. Anxiety Disorders
  6. Suicide Risk
  7. To Drug or Not to Drug: That is the Question
  8. Mental Illness” Overview: Do You Really Have a Mental Illness?
  9. Alternative “Realities”
  10. Medical Turf Wars: Psychiatry vs Psychology vs GPs
  11. Society's Role in Mental Illnesses and Suicide

Section Three:
Your Navigational Guide Through
The Forest

Stories of Inspiration

Positive Difference Making Fundamentals

  1. Meditation
  2. Creating Better Habits
  3. Better Data Input
  4. Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
  5. Creating Anchors
  6. The Art of Letting Go
  7. Positive Visualization
  8. Critical Thinking
  9. Music Therapy
  10. Empathy Towards Others and Self-compassion
  11. Spirituality
  12. Belief
  13. Exercise
  14. Dietary Lifestyle
  15. The Power of Purposeful Living



    Strategies for the Implementation
    of the Positive Fundamentals

No comments:

Post a Comment